Eurita Cleaning Tips
Cleaning by Hand:
- To clean the Eurita, wash with hot water, and mild dish washing liquid. Do not use harsh abrasives on the lid, since it is porous and unglazed. Clean with a stiff brush or non-abrasive sponge.
- Your Eurita is dishwasher safe. You can put both the bottom and top section in your dishwasher under normal wash cycle.
- It is very important that you allow your Eurita to dry completely before you put it away
- After your Eurita has completely dried invert the lid in the pot and place in a cool dry storage area.
What if you get mold/mildew on your roaster?
- If the pot is damp when stored, it is possible that mildew can grow on the clay. If this occurs you will need to wash the pot thoroughly. Next you need to soak the lid and put 2-4 cups of water and 1/2 cup of baking soda in the Eurita and bake for 20-45 minutes to clean out the pores of your pot. NOTE: Make sure you have enough water in the pot during the cooking process, do not allow the pot to be empty of any contents during the cooking process. During the cooking process the pores will open up and get cleaned out of any possible hidden mildew. Once this process is done you are safe to use the Eurita again.
- Even if you look after the Eurita with the utmost care, it will change color in places or get darker. This is not a disadvantage because your Römertopf is made of all natural materials and will not be effect how the roaster works.
What if the lid stops absorbing water like it use to?
- Once you have cooked in your Eurita for more then 100 times, you should deep clean the Eurita by boiling it in clean water for about 30 minutes. The pores will then be completely open again, and able to breath and store water as if the dish was brand new. If you do not have anything large enough to boil your particular size Eurita in, fill the bottom section with water and baking soda (Fill over 1/2 full of water & 1/2 cup baking soda or vinegar) and place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 400°F. (Remember to put in a cold oven first).